Therapeutic Foster Care —
Foster Care for Boys Transitioning Home from Residential Treatment
Onarga Academy Therapeutic Foster Care helps young men transitioning back home after completing an Onarga Academy residential treatment program.
The two foster care homes are located near Onarga Academy's campus, and each serve 3-4 males, ages 12-17, for approximately 6-9 months.
The Therapeutic Foster Family Homes provide a therapeutic, community-based home setting that supports and encourages a youth's continued treatment progress. Staff work to create a family partnership with the youth's designated family by listening to and including the youth's family in treatment decisions, fostering frequent family contact and interaction, establishing and maintaining effective communication, involving families in day-to-day care and activities, and creating positive family experiences and memories.
Each home is staffed by a professional and compassionate team of the following members:
- Professional Foster Parent
- Transition Specialist
- Program Supervisor
Onarga Academy Therapeutic Foster Care
Youth Served: Community-based therapeutic foster care for young men, ages 12-17, who have completed an Onarga Academy residential treatment program and who are working toward returning home.
- Therapeutically oriented, individualized services in a foster home and community-based setting.
- Step-down opportunities for Onarga Academy youth who exhibit moderate emotional, social, and/or behavioral issues, yet do not require a group home or residential setting.
- Two 4-bedroom therapeutic foster homes
- Private bedrooms for residents' safety
- Family partnership in the treatment process
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Average length of stay from 6-9 months
- Licensed, on-site, year-round, private school
The Onarga Academy Foster Family Home program is licensed by the Child Welfare Agency.
- Onarga Academy treatment programs
- Youth may also be referred directly from the community if they have successfully completed another treatment program that has prepared them for living safely and effectively within the community.