Alternative To Residential Treatment —
The Alternative to Residential Treatment program is designed for youth who require the high level of structure typically found in a residential or correctional setting. Specialized foster parents are trained to support these high-needs youth and work closely with community institutions and programs to ensure continuity of services and implementation of aftercare plans. ART may be used in place of residential placement, hospitalization, or institutional care. Youth with any specific needs may qualify for our higher-level ART services.
Youth Served: This is an alternative foster care placement with increased supervision for youth who are transitioning out of residential treatment, or as a least-restrictive option in place of residential treatment.
- Trauma-sensitive care
- Experienced social workers who provide increased face-to-face contact
- Increased supervision in a structured living environment with experienced foster parents
- Independent living skills integrated into the youth's treatment plan
- Foster care parents receive additional respite and allowance to help support the youth's increased need for supervision
- Departments of Juvenile Services
- County Human Service Agencies
- Community Programs
- Residential Treatment Centers
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA)
- Licensed by the State of Minnesota
- Member of Foster Family-based Treatment Association
- MCCCA member