Boys’ Emotional and Behavioral Disorders —
Programs for Boys Ages 12-16
Boys who come to Onarga Academy for emotional and behavioral issues have struggled with a range of issues including patterns of aggression or aggressive behavior, mental health issues, emotional problems, family relationship issues, anxiety and depression, self-harm behaviors, learning disabilities, attention deficit disorder (ADD), chemical dependency, and other issues.
Our residential programs are age- and gender-specific, and individualized to clinically address your child’s and family’s needs. Each program provides cognitive behavioral therapy to help your child overcome his mental health issues, improve social skills, and develop an improved sense of responsibility and caring for the needs and rights of others.
Programming incorporates individual, group, and family therapy, life and social skill training, and therapeutic education, as well as sensory and creative therapeutic activities that build emotional and sensory vocabulary. Progress is tracked before, during, and after treatment, and includes aftercare support and services, as needed.
Youth Served: Adolescent Males, ages 12-16, who have a variety of non-sexual behavioral and emotional issues.
- 15-bed unit
- Private bedrooms for residents' safety
- Family partnership in the treatment process
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Average length of stay from 12-18 months
- Licensed, on-site, year-round, private school
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation for Children and Family Services (COA)
- Licensed as a Child Care Institution by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS)
- Staff certified as Addiction Counselors through Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Association
- Chemical Health Program licensed for Level I and II care through the Illinois Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse and is Medicaid certified for Level I care.
- Grand Prairie School accredited by North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA-CASI)
- Medicaid eligible
- Department of Juvenile Services
- Departments of Social Services
- Core Service Agencies