Girls’ Severe Emotional and Behavioral Disorders —
Programs for Girls Ages 14-19
Girls served by Nexus Glen Lake have experienced severe emotional and behavioral difficulties, and multiple prior residential placements with unsuccessful outcomes.
The goal of the Nexus Glen Lake program is to be the last residential program these young women will need. To achieve successful outcomes, the program is highly specialized and individualized to each girl’s needs, with a strong focus on experiential activity, family connection, emotional regulation, skill-building, community connection, and independent life experiences.
Volunteer opportunities, schooling, and strong family connections allow the young women in residence to practice newfound skills in the community.
NOTE: This program is currently not accepting new admissions.
Nexus Glen Lake
Youth Served: Adolescent girls, ages 14-19
Treatment Needs: Adolescent females with severe mental health and behavioral difficulties and multiple prior residential placements
- Average length of stay is approximately 12 months
- Family work and treatment is integrated into the program
- Family connection and activities are central to treatment
- Programming involves as much experiential therapy as possible
- Positive recreation and community-based activities are incorporated
- Programming includes concepts from Choice Therapy, Trauma-Informed
Theories, Collaborative Problem-Solving, and Dialectical Behavior
- Oak Hills, on-site education provided by Intermediate District 287.
NOTE: Nexus Glen Lake is Currently Not Taking New Admissions.
- Departments of Social Services
- Core Service Agencies