The adolescent and young adult years are filled with increasing responsibilities — and stresses. New life demands and prolonged stress can sometimes develop into mental health issues. In fact, more than three-quarters of all mental health issues develop before age 24.
If you or someone you know is struggling with any of the following issues, know that help is just a phone call away. Gerard Community Mental Health Services are affordable and easily accessible.
Young adults often struggle with a combination of these and other mental health issues:
- Stress about grades and college demands
- Trouble juggling school and work
- Loneliness when leaving home for college
- Difficulties with self-image and self-worth
- Issues with romantic relationships
- Questions about sexuality and sexual identity
- Issues involving alcohol and drug abuse
- Family relationship changes/issues
- Sudden changes in mood or behavior
- Eating disorders