Short-Term Foster Care —
Kindred Family Focus offers short-term planned relief for families of youth with special needs. Foster parents take these youth into their homes so the youth’s family can take a break from the daily challenges of parenting youth with special needs. This program helps maintain family permanency without out-of-home placement.
Youth Served: Youth with special emotional, behavioral, or developmental needs.
- Short-term relief for families of youth with special needs
- Gives families a break, while keeping families together
- Placement of less than 30 days
- Trauma-sensitive care
- Trained foster parents take youth into their homes
- Departments of Juvenile Services
- County Human Service Agencies
- Community Programs
- Private Pay Respite
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA)
- Licensed by the State of Minnesota
- Member of Foster Family-based Treatment Association
- MCCCA member