Psychiatric Residential Treatment —
An Intense Clinical Environment for Serious Emotional or Behavioral Problems
Woodbourne Center’s Psychiatric Residential Treatment provides an intensive, 24-hour psychiatric, therapeutic, and clinical environment for young men who need help for serious emotional or behavioral problems.
Boys in the Psychiatric Residential Treatment live together in a highly structured environment to develop accountability and social skills necessary to learn to be a responsible member of society. The program provides experiences in which boys can recognize and develop their potential, develop respect for self and others, and develop a sense of interdependence.
Counselors help the young men focus on their treatment and personal responsibility, while providing structure through rules, routine, expectations and consistency. Staff also provide support to build and promote each boy’s strengths as well as help him enhance his independent living skills and strengthen his ability to function better within the family and the community.
Psychiatric Residential Treatment
Youth Served: Boys, ages 12-18, who require intensive, 24-hour psychiatric, therapeutic, and clinical care for serious emotional or behavioral problems.
- Four, 12-bed units (48 beds available)
- Individual, family, milieu, and group therapy
- Family engagement throughout the course of treatment
- Level V, non-public school for grades 6-12
- Recreational and sports activities
- Psychiatric assessments and medication management
- A treatment culture driven by Choice Therapy and Trauma-Informed Care
- Substance abuse assessment and counseling
- 24-hour psychiatric and nursing services
- In-house pediatric coverage
- Referrals to clinics for specialty consultations
- Integrated psycho-educational groups
- Case management and support
- The Joint Commission (TJC)
- Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Maryland State Department of Education- Accredited for full-day special education, partial-day education, and regular education
- Department of Juvenile Services
- Department of Social Services
- Core Service Agencies
- Local school systems
- Select child welfare agencies outside the state of Maryland