If you are contemplating separation or divorce, Gerard Community Mental Health Services couples counseling can help you navigate the emotions and decisions that face your relationship.
Couples counseling can help when
- Communication has fallen off
- Resentments have built up
- Attraction has waned
- An affair has damaged the relationship
- Mutual respect has dissolved
But couples counseling isn’t just for couples on the verge of divorce; there are many reasons to seek counseling that could be considered good relationship maintenance.
You might seek couples for some of the following reasons:
- To strengthen your current relationship
- To improve communication
- To build healthy relationship dynamics
- To address small troubles before they become large problems
- To make extended family get-togethers more pleasant
- To create a more harmonious home
- To be better partners
- To be better parents
- To be better role-models
- To rediscover mutual interests
- To discuss frustrations and resentments
- To help children accept a new partner
If you would like to explore what couples counseling can do for your relationship, give us a call.