We all want the ideal family. But “ideal” is rarely possible.
In reality, a family is a complex matrix of interlocked relationships, and any number of things can affect the way a family works:
- The physical health of each member
- The mental health of each member
- The alcohol or drug use of any member
- An addiction to gambling or other hobby
- The age of its members
- Emerging new roles of members
- A change in economic status
- A change in residence
- A change in marital status
- Issues arising from blended families
- Parenting concerns for children
- Death of a family member
- Self-image and self-esteem issues
- Communication or anger issues
- Family dynamics/roles issues
- A shared traumatic experience like a car accident, tornado, robbery, etc.
- Emotional, physical, or sexual abuse
Gerard Community Mental Health Services can help heal family relationships and give you new tools to strengthen relationships. Call us today to make an appointment.